Social distancing, also known as safe distancing or physical distancing, means keeping a distance of at least 6 feet (two arms’ length) between yourself and other people whenever you are outside your home.
It has become a worldwide phenomenon as the only way, as yet, to avoid being infected by the COVID-19 virus.
1. Stay at least 6 feet away from everyone else outside your home, including while you are travelling and at the office or at any shop.
2. Do not attend events and group meetings of four or more people in person.
3. Stay away from crowds in public places and event venues such as malls, theatres, etc., especially if they are air-conditioned.
4. Stay at home and avoid travelling unless it is an emergency. Work from home if that option is open to you.
5. Car drivers should have only two passengers at most, in addition to the driver. Two-wheelers should have only one riding, with no pillion rider.
6. Make use of apps (eg: Aarogya Setu app) that tell you when you are getting close to a confirmed COVID-19 patient.
7. Order groceries or takeaways online, instead of going to a shop in person.
8 If you must go shopping for essentials, go to a store that complies with social distancing regulations.
9 Demand digital queues at any business you go to, so you don’t have to wait in a crowded queue.
10. Don’t push and shove others to get service at a business. Maintain social distancing and wait your turn. Everyone is in a hurry to get home and stay safe from COVID-19.